1. He was angry _____ your work. He said that he _____ at all.
A. at, didn’t satisfy
B. to, didn’t satisfy
C. at, wasn’t satisfied
D. to, wasn’t satisfied
2. The computer company going from bad to worse, the workers _____hardly enough to make a living.
A. are paid
D. are paying
C. have paid
3. The new dictionaries are very useful. They _____ well and _____already.
A. sold; have been sold
B. sold; had sold out
C. sell; sell out
D. are sold; have been sold out
4. —Did you see Sandy in the manager’s office?
—Yes, she _____ by the manager.
A. is questioned
B. was being questioned
C. had been questioned
D. was questioned
5. A great number of trees ________ in the past few years in the city.
A. have planted
B. have been planted
C. will plant
6. This is Ted’s photo. We miss him a lot. He ________ trying to save a child in the earthquake.
B. was killed
C. is killed
D. was killing
7. Shortly after we ________, a waiter came over to our table with a smile.
B. were seated
C. sat ourselves
D. took places
8. All the preparations for the task ________, and we’re ready to start.
C. had been completed
D. have been completed
9. The new school has been completed. It _____ very beautiful.
A. is looked
C. has looked
10. The things talked about in their report ________ over a year ago.
A. had taken place
B. took place
C. was taken place
D. have taken place.
11. —Look! Everything here is under construction.
—What’s the pretty small house that ________ for?
A. is being built
B. has been built
C. is built
D. is building
1. C。be angry at (about) sth 意为“对某事生气”；satisfy在现代英语中只用作及物动词，其意不是“满意”而是“使(人)满意”，所以其后不能没有宾语，除非本身是被动语态(或是系表结构)。
2. A。pay与the workers是动宾关系，要用被动语态。
3. A。sell well指“销路好”，用主动形式表示被动含义；sell out 指“卖完”，用现在完成时表示结果。
5. B。树显然是被种，且in the past few years常与现在完成时连用，故用现在完成时被动语态。
6. B。由Ted的照片，回想起他遇难的经过，即在地震中为救小孩而was killed.
7. B。seat一词的用法：seat sb / oneself 或be seated被动式作表语。
8. D。preparations与 complete之间显然存在被动关系，又后半句的时态为一般现在时，故前半句不可能是过去完成时。
9. A。look 为连系动词，没有被动语态，只能用主动形式表示被动意义。（因为连系动词为不及物动词，均没有被动语态形式）
10. B。不及物动词（短语）：take place / happen / belong to / break out / last / go out / run out 等均无被动形式。
11. A。由第一句可知在建设中，且house 与build之间有被动关系，故用现在进行时的被动语态。