1. The flowers his friend gave him will die unless _________ every day.
A. watered B. watering C. water D. to water
【解析】答案选A。unless watered可视为unless they are watered之省略。又如：
Unless changed. this law will make life difficult for farmers. 这项法令除非进行修改，否则将给农民的生活造成困难。
2. No matter how frequently _________, the works of Beethoven still attract people all over the world.
A. performed B. performing C. to be performed D. being performed
【解析】答案选A。No matter how frequently performed可视为No matter how frequently they are performed之省略。
3. — I was wondering if we could go skiing on the weekend.
— _________ good.
A. Sound B. Sounded C. Sounding D. Sounds
【解析】答案选D。Sound good为It sounds good之省略。
1. He is very popular among his students as he always tries to make them _________ in his lectures.
A. interested B. interesting C. interest D. to interest
2. _________ and happy, Tony stood up and accepted the prize.
A. Surprising B. Surprised C. Being surprised D. To be surprising
1. —It’s a long time since I saw my sister.
— _________ her this weekend?
A. Why not visit B. Why not to visit C. Why not visiting D. Why don’t visit
【解析】答案选A。Why not…为英语中常用句式，用于提出建议，其后只接动词原形，不接不定式或现在分词。注意不能选D，但是若D改为Why don’t you visit也可以选。
2. If you are planning to spend your money having fun this week, better _________ it—you’ve got some big bills coming.
A. forget B. forgot C. forgetting D. to forget
【解析】答案选A。此处的better实为you’d better之省略。根据英语习惯，had better之后只能接动词原形，故选A。
1. Mary, _________ here — everybody else, stay where you are.
A. come B. comes C. to come D. coming
2. —What should I do with this passage?
— _________the main idea of each paragraph.
A. Finding out B. Found out C. Find out D. To find out
【解析】答案选C。此处考查祈使句的用法，故用动词原形。其实，此题也可视为You should find out…之省略。
1. At last, we found ourselves in a pleasant park with trees providing shade and _________down to eat our picnic lunch.
A. sitting B. having sat C. to sit D. sat
2. _________ many times, but he still didn’t understand it.
A. Having been told B. Though he was told
C. To have been told D. He was told
【解析】答案选D。句中的并列连词 but 表明整个句子为并列句，同时表明but前应是一个独立的句子，而不能是一个非谓语动词短语(所以不能选A或C)，又因为though为从属连词，用以引导让步状语从句，它与连接并列句的并列连词 but 不“兼容”，所以也不能选B。
3. First _________ the rice by washing it, then _________ it in boiling water.
A. prepare, cook B. preparing, cooking
C. preparing, cook D. prepare, cooking