1. When you’re learning to drive, ________ a good teacher makes a big difference.
A. have B. having C. and have D. and having
2. Before you decide to leave your job, ________ the effect it will have on your family.
A. consider B. considering C. to consider D. considered
3. Remember ________ off the light when ________ to bed.
A. turning, going B. to turn, to go C. turning, to go D. to turn, going
4. If the car won’t start, ________ it.
A. try push B. try pushing C. to try pushing D. to try to push
5. One learns a language by making mistakes and ________ them.
A. correct B. correcting C. corrects D. to correct
6. While shopping, people sometimes can’t help ________ into buying something they don’t really need.
A. to persuade B. persuading C. being persuaded D. be persuaded
7. Once your business becomes international, ________ constantly will be part of your life.
A. you fly B. your flight C. flight D. flying
8. ________ in a heavy traffic jam in a taxi while you are hurrying to the airport is quite an unpleasant experience.
A. Having caught B. Being caught C. Caught D. Having been caught
9. — Robert is indeed a wise man.
— Oh, yes. How often I have regretted ________ his advice!
A. to take B. taking C. not to take D. not taking
10. As a result of the serious flood, two-thirds of the buildings in the area ________.
A. need repairing B. needs to repair C. needs repairing D. need to repair
11. It’s necessary to be prepared for a job interview. ________the answers ready will be of great help.
A. To have had B. Having had C. Have D. Having
12. He got well prepared for the job interview, for he couldn’t risk ________the good opportunity.
A. to lose B. losing C. to be lost D. being lost
13. Both of my parents insisted ________ a computer for me, but I don’t think it is necessary.
A. to buy B. buying C. on buying D. in buying
14. She reached the top of the hill and stopped ________ on a big rock by the side of the path.
A. to have rested B. resting C. to rest D. rest
15. Compared to ________ in the office, Kate found it more exciting to work as a teacher.
A. work B. having worked C. working D. be working
16. ________ this report ________ in such a short time was quite a difficult exercise.
A. Getting, done B. Get, done C. To get, to do D. Getting, to do
17. I can hardly imagine so pretty a girl like you, ________ boxing.
A. like B. to like C. liking D. to have liked
1. B。这是一个含when 引导时间状语从句的主从复合句，having a good teacher 在主句中用作主语。
2. A。before 引导的是时间状语从句，填空句为主句，而此主句为一祈使句，故动词用原形。其中 it will have … 为修饰名词 the effect 的宾语从句。
3. D。一是分清以下两个结构：remember to do sth=记住做某事，remember doing sth=记住曾做过某事；二是注意 when going to bed 相当于 when you go to bed。
4. B。注意句首为if 引导的条件状语从句，填空句为祈使句，故第一个动词应是try，不应是 to try；另外，try doing sth 的意思是“做某事试试看有何效果”。
6. C。can’t help doing(禁不住或不由自主地做)。people与 persuade是被动关系。
7. B。动名词短语作主语，主干成分 is quite an unpleasant experience。
10. A。two-thirds of…作主语时，其后谓语应用复数，故可排除选项B和C。另外，由于动词need后接动名词时是用主动表被动，而接不定式时则用被动式表示被动，故此题答案应选A，不能选D。但是，若将D改为need to be repaired则也可以选。
13. C。动词 insist 后既不能接不定式也不能接动名词，因为insist 通常用作不及物动词；若语义上需接宾语，要借助介词 on或upon，即用于 insist on [upon] (doing) sth；但它有时的确也可用作及物动词，不过其宾语通常只能是 that 从句，而不能是普通的名词、代词或动名词。
15. C。to 为介词，所以后面要求接名词或动名词。那么为什么不能选A呢？work也可作名词呀。因为后面接有状语in the office，所以前面的词要具有动词的性质，故用动名词形式。
16. A。注意句子的谓语是 was，getting this report done in such a short time 是动名词短语，用作句子主语。
17. C。此题实则考查动名词的复合结构。可简化为：I can hardly imagine a girl liking boxing