a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve;
a knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about;
the extended spatial location of something;
a large indefinite location on the surface of the Earth;
1. This region is becoming increasingly important both strategically and economically.
2. The industry is inappropriate to the region's present and future needs.
3. It was the second air disaster in the region in less than two months.
4. The government's policies of divide and rule have only contributed to the volatility of the region.
5. A number of beaches in the region have been polluted by sewage pumped into the Irish Sea.
7. Planes parachuted food, clothing, blankets, medicine and water into the rugged mountainous border region.
8. Militia leaders had halted overland food convoys in the region.
9. Mr Annan said the region must now strive for economic development as well as peace.
10. The subject leading edge region of the retire professor treatise by cited appraise function and citation analysis.
11. The forbidden area of scientific research is refers to the target or region which isn't allowed in natural science.